There are three categories of membership in the AAH: Regular, Associate, and Life. Members in any category may attend the meetings, hold office, and participate fully in the life of the organization.
Each member receives:
- the thrice-yearly Newsletter. E-members receive the Newsletters via email; postal members receive them in hard copy.
- A complimentaryr copy of each new addition to the Publications of the AAH series. Information about availability of back volumes of PAAH, many available as free pdf downloads, and other monographs is available here.
- Periodic e-mail annoucements of items of interest to ancient historians, including job announcements, calls for papers, and conference announcements. [Members may choose not to receive these emails.]
Regular membership is available to all persons with an interest in the study of the Ancient Mediterranean world. Dues:
- E-member: $11.00 per year, may be paid up to 5 years in advance. Newsletters sent electronically.
- Postal member: $16.00 per year, may be paid up to 5 years in advance. Newsletters sent by mail.
Associate membership is available to students who are enrolled in a school, college or university. Dues:
- E-membership: $7.00 per year, may be paid up to 5 years in advance. Newsletters sent electronically.
- Postal membership: $12.00 per year, may be paid up to 5 years in advance. Newsletters sent by mail.
Life membership is available to those who are retired and at least 60 years old upon payment of a one-time subscription of $160.00. Member may select e-membership or postal membership.
If you are not a member of AAH and would like to join, or if you are a current member and wish to renew membership, you have two options: Online payment or mail-in payment.
Online Payment via PayPal
To pay dues online, please complete the following form and click Pay Dues. PayPal is a secure site that accepts payment from your PayPal account (if you have one) or by credit card. It is not necessary to have or create a PayPal account to pay by credit card.
Note: If you would like to update or correct your name or address but are NOT paying dues, please contact the Secretary-Treasurer directly..
Add a Donation:
You may choose to remit via traditional mail, in which case, download the member information form, fill in the information, enclose a check or money order (in US currency), and mail to:
Association of Ancient Historians
University of California, San Diego
Department of History, Mail Code 0104
9500 Gilman Drive
La Jolla, CA 92093-1014
If you are already a member of AAH and would like to update or correct your personal information (but are not renewing your membership), please e-mail the Secretary/Treasurer.